Wednesday 26 September 2012

Foo Dog

Foo Dog final design, black fine-liner pen

Dry point perspex printing plate 
The medium for this character was inspired by the dry-point prints of Estonian artist Vello Vinn, the intricate detail seen on the Foo Dog relating back to Vinn's intense prints. This was my first attempt at creating a drypoint print, which I produced onto a piece of perspex. So far the prints I have tried to create without a printing-press at home have been unsuccessful, I plan on using the uni printing press soon to try and produce some good prints. The character was influenced by chinese Guardian Lions, known as Foo Dogs in the west, believed to have powerful mythical protective benefits. Overall I am very happy with the end Foo Dog character.

No comments:

Post a Comment